Wednesday, 19 October 2016

Cornfields and ripped denim shorts, a fashion bloggers dream


Todays post is brought to you from some more beautiful scenery. I can't resist a good photo opportunity and these cornfields make a picturesque background. I know at this time of year I should probably be swapping the corn for a pumpkin patch but I am yet to go pumpkin picking, so maybe that’s some inspiration for my next post!

Onto the clothes

Starting with the white shirt – I’ve customized this a little by tying a knot at the bottom, as it’s quite a loose fitting 'boyfriend style' shirt. With this outfit I preferred to have the shirt to pinch in slightly just above the hips giving a more flattering shape as my shorts are low waisted. Alternatively, it would look just as fitted tucked into the shorts instead. I personally love a crisp white shirt but if you want to explore with colours more, a great substitute would be a plaid shirt. Besides, whichever shirt takes your fancy, you'll always be on trend, so button up!

























Top: Primark, £6
Jacket: Alcott, (10 Euros - bought in Naples)
Shorts: Zara (old stock)
Choker: Primark, £1.50 (set of 3)

I love these shorts, they were a staple piece I bought from Zara a while back and I can truly say I’ve got my wear out of them. They’ve been worn to festivals, shopping with friends and they’re perfect for a hot day. But it’s not just the summer they’re used for, with the cooler weather approaching and the new thigh high boot craze, they’re the perfect item to keep your pins looking longer and in proportion. Now, cut off ripped denim shorts are something most of us will own already, but if not I have a great tip for you… if you’re ever about to throw out some jeans that are too short or don’t fit as good as they used to, stop! Get out your scissors and get customizing instead! Chances are, your old jeans will look great as new shorts, literally cut them to your desired length, rip the edges of the material to give them a ragged, edgy look and voila!

I’m still on board with the choker obsession and there’s rarely an outfit that doesn’t include one recently, I love the extra detail and finishing touch they lend to an outfit. Also, for a pack of 3 for £1.50 from trusty Primark, you can’t really go wrong. They have a whole selection of different designs in at the moment so it might be time to start your collection too!

I realize in these photos you can’t see my shoes, but you’re not missing out on much – they were simple flats, but to dress up this look, some high knee boots or heeled sandals would match the laid back feel perfectly.

Get the look with similar items here:

White shirt: Bonprix, £12
Bomber jacket: Dorothy Perkins, £16.80
Ripped shorts: Missguided, £12.50

20 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the place, looks perfect with the outfit :)

    Naelle from paris..!.
    http://www.once-in-paris.com/en/blogueuse-mode-comment-porter-culottes-chic/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! I love how you paired the shorts with the shirt and choker, a great combination. Have a lovely weekend ;)

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look stunning, the outfit is beautiful too :)

    http://nikoleannj.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nikoletta, so sweet of you to say that :)

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous pictures! You look absolutely amazing and that cornfield definitely is a fashion blogger's dream!

    Love, Kerstin
    http://www.missgetaway.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha it definitely is, so good for pictures! :)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful pictures!

    Your daily inspiration and motivation on www.letucc.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos! <3
    Chloe xx
    thechloebarnes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful outfit! Love your boots!

    http://curlyjosephine.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute OOTD and great outfit photos! I like the look with the Primark blouse tied near the waist and your aviator sunnies. Your hair looks gorgeous!

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi everyone!!!

    I'm so excited share this testimony here about how i got my ex husband back after a break up. I'm Clara 28 yr old from USA, Am a woman who love and cherish my husband more than any other thing you can imagine on earth continent. My husband was so lovely and caring after 3 years of marriage he was seriously ill and the doctor confirm and said he has a kidney infection that he needed a kidney donor, that was how I start searching for who can help, doctor has given me a periodic hour that he will live just 24 hours left, that was how I ask the doctor if I can be of help to my husband that was how he carried out the text, the confirming was successful, I was now having this taught that since 3 years now we got married I have not be able to get pregnant can I be able to get bring again? That was the question I ask the doctor, he never answer his response was did you want to lost your husband? I immediately reply no I can't afford to lose him. After the operation my husband came back to live and was healthy I was also OK with the instruction given to me by the doctor, after 3 months my husband came home with another lady telling me, that is our new wife that will give us kids and take care of us, that was how I was confused and started crying all day, that was how my husband ran away with his new wife cleanable. Since then I was confuse don't know what to do that was how I went back to the doctor and tell him everything, he told me that, this is not just an ordinary it must be a spiritual problem that was how he gave me this Email: Ahmedutimate@gmail.com that I should tell he all my problem that he can help that was how i contacted he and I do as instructed. After 28 hours and I have done what he ask me to do, my husband start searching for me and went back to the doctor, that was how we well settle he also told me not to worry that I will get pregnant, this month making it the fifth Month I contacted he am now 3 months pregnant. These great spell cater is a great man,
    if you have any kind of problem you can contact him here on his
    Email: Ahmedutimate@gmail.com or call him +2348160153829
    Save Your Crumbling Relationship
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/725/523/869/

    ReplyDelete